Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
With autumn approaching it's nice to have a selection of soup recipes on hand. This is one to try.
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 15 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine first eleven ingredients in a 4 quart baking dish.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Blend in remaining ingredients. Cover and bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Thank you, Barb, for posting this. I just came over to Zaar to put this one on, because the cookbook it came from is literally falling apart! It was Bon Appetit's "Too Buys To Cook" from 1981. No wonder the book is falling apart. This soup is absolutely fabulous!!! Always a hit!
Tasty, easy to put together and easy to cook because you can put it in the oven and forget about it for an hour or so. I needed more than an hour for the initial cooking time but that is probably just a function of my oven. This is a perfect choice for apres skate or ski. You could put the ingredients together ahead of time and put the casserole in the oven when you arrive back home It cooks while you entertain your guests. A salad, crusty bread and a nice bottle of wine and "instant dinner party".