Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't wait for New Years Day to try this recipe. Buddy Embanato (Northeast Louisiana tailgate guru) is responsible for this tasty treat.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 8 -10 ounces smoked ham hocks
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 7 cups water
- Place the chopped cabbage and smoked ham hocks in a medium stock pot and cover with water.
- Use a slow boil to soften leaves of cabbage.
- When done, drain and squeeze dry. Allow cabbage to cool before proceeding to next step.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cabbage, egg, parmesan cheese, Tony Chachere's seasoning, & Italian bread crumbs.
- Make into patties. Heat oil over medium heat in a medium size frying pan.
- Fry the patties until golden brown on.
- both sides.