Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A low GI side dish which will help you feel fuller for longer. I love this on a Jacket potato.
- 225 g butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Place the beans in a heavy saucepan with the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan heat the oil and stir fry the garlic until it becomes aromatic.
- Add the tomato paste and 3 tbsp of stock from the bean pan.
- Drain the beans; add to the tomato mixture.
- Stir well to combine and serve topped with the parsley.