A low GI side dish which will help you feel fuller for longer. I love this on a Jacket potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the beans in a heavy saucepan with the stock.
- 2Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 3In a separate pan heat the oil and stir fry the garlic until it becomes aromatic.
- 4Add the tomato paste and 3 tbsp of stock from the bean pan.
- 5Drain the beans; add to the tomato mixture.
- 6Stir well to combine and serve topped with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Butter Beans
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: