Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You make this in the microwave- very fast and easy- But remember, every microwave is different!
Make and share this Italian Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Wash and trim broccoli.
- Peel stems for about 1 inch from bottom; separate into small spears.
- Set aside.
- Put oil, onion and garlic in shallow baking dish large enough to hold broccoli in single layer.
- Microwave uncovered at high 1 to 2 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add broccoli in single layer, alternating stem and floweret ends.
- Turn broccoli over to coat with oil.
- Microwave, covered with vented plastic wrap, at high 3 minutes.
- Turn broccoli over, rotate dish 1/2 turn.
- Recover; microwave at high 2 to 3 minutes, or until broccoil is crisp-tender.
- Season with pepper and lemon juice.
Ridiculously easy and delicious, really enjoyed this simple recipe, made for I Recommend tag game, thank you Bec!
Nice broccoli. It was simple and tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
What a nice variation on broccoli! And easy. Went great with the chicken dinner. Thanks for posting!