Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you only have plain breadcrumbs on hand, and your recipe calls for Italian breadcrumbs, what's a chef to do?!? Here's your solution - A recipe for turning unflavored breadcrumbs into flavorful Italian breadcrumbs. This works equally well with gluten-free or regular crumbs, pre-packaged or homemade.
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, tossing to blend thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container and use in any recipe calling for Italian breadcrumbs.
You saved me another trip to the grocery store! I used panko breadcrumbs & they turned out fabulous.
like others, thank you for saving me an extra trip to the store.. exactly what i needed
Great! I keep homemade bread crumbs (made from toasted leftover bread and run through the food processor) in the freezer, so this was easily put together for an Italian meatloaf. I love that you can both control the ingredients and make something better and less expensive than what's sold in stores. Thanks for sharing the recipe!