Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 2 tablespoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended; beat in eggs until fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into butter mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. Shape each part into a long roll 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Place each roll on cookie sheet and flatten top slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cut into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices in rows 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown.
I'm not a huge biscotti fan, but my mom is and I made these for her. She loved them. These are a nice holiday treat too! Thank you for posting!
Left out vanilla, anise (I hate Anise) lemon and orange. used 2 tablespoons almond extract. Made a second batch using 3 tablespoons of Kaluha instead of the almond, add flour to get the right texture. Great biscotti!
I tried this recipe and it was fantastic. I need to make more because everyone raved about them and I could not keep enough in the serving dish. I need to make more. Thanks.