Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 jar pepperoncini pepper, cut stems off and save juice
- 8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in roast pan.
- Fill with water until meat is half-way covered.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove meat and shred it. Put shredded meat back in roast pan and bake another 1/2 hour.
- Drain and serve on French bread.
- May prepare in a crock-pot but will need to cook 8 hours.
This was awesome! I do have to say I used your recipe as more of a base, than an actual recipe. I made quite a few changes, as we don't like a lot of salt. I used 3 tsp garlic powder, 3 tsp dried diced onions, 4 tsp parsley, 2 tsp basil, 1-2 tsp oregano, a few shakes of salt, 6-8 light shakes of pepper flakes (I didn't have pepporcinis) and the Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins). I made homemade buns (Homemade Hamburger Buns-Bread Machine) to go with these and I have to say that they were Heaven on earth!! The pepper flakes really don't make it that spicy, but it's sometimes hard for me to tell because I like really spicy food. These smelled wonderful cooking all day! I missed the part that said cover the meat half way. It probably would have helped when I was adding all those dry ingredients. Even though my edges got burned some, these still taste wonderful!! I will definitely make these again when I'm out of italian seasoning packets, and probably even if I don't have them!! Thanks Tonkcats!
This recpie is simple, but delicious! Made this many times exactly as the recipe calls. Thanks for a new family staple!