Recipe by lisa_charli
I love Italian beef but struggled with recipes for venison -then I put them together and wowed the crowd with my Italian Venison. What?! You didn't know Italy had deer?? : )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning (like McCormick Italian Herb Blend- i.e., basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, sea salt)
- 10 -12 ounces pepperoncini peppers, with the juice (remove stems & slice thin or chop)
- 10 ounces beef broth (1 can or Lipton onion mushroom soup mix with water is great too!)
- 12 ounces beer (1 can or bottled beer -not Lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- I use venison of course, but you can use 4 lbs boneless beef roast as well.
- Throw everything in a slow cooker including the juice from the pepperoncinis -meat can be frozen or otherwise, and cover.
- Cook for about 4-5 hours. 5-8 for frozen (venison) roasts.
- Shred meat periodically to maximize flavor, otherwise shred prior to serving.
- Serve on toasted hoagies with butter and sliced swiss or mozzarella cheese.
- Excellent for buffet style dinners. Delish!