Hot Italian Sausage "venison"
I am always looking for new things to do with my deer meat. I found a Hot Italian Sausage recipe and altered it for venison. You can use it in any recipe that calls for hot Italian Sausage. It will give your pasta that little extra kick.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 7 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 7 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Mix meats together.
- In a seperate container mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine meat and spices, mix thoroughly.
- Add water.
- Can be used right away, but for best results, put it into an air tight container and set in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Can be stuffed into Medium Casings or used in bulk form depending on your recipe.