Recipe by KittyKitty
A hearty meal, really savory, and filling.
Top Review by Sharebear57
This was great. Very easy and yummy. (I subbed green peppers for the onions b.c we are not onion people.)I will definately be making this again! I thought it was best with the potatoes sliced about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground chuck , onion and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, water, basil, oregano, and pepper, stir well.
- Spoon 1/3 of meat mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x2 inch baking dish. Top with half of potato slices; cover with 1/3 of meat mixture. Add remaining potato slices and remaining meat mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil; sprinkle cheese over casserole. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let casserole stand 10 minutes before serving.