Food & Wine.
Make and share this Israeli Couscous and Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups israeli couscous
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- fresh ground pepper
- Put the couscous in a bowl and add the boiling water.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of salt, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand, stirring once, until the grains are plump and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the corn, onion, coriander and caraway and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add the couscous to the bowl, along with the bell pepper, jalapeños, scallions and mint. In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, vinegar, honey and lime zest. Add to the couscous and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve.