Top Review by spatchcock
It's about time I rated these ,I suppose. I've had this recipe for over a year and I've probably made them six or seven times--they are really wonderful. I just happened to make them a couple of days ago, only to have BF's friends come over to watch the tour de france and eat them all!!! These are great--smaller cookies and really good flavor. The best ones I've made! (Note: I used margarine instead of shortening).
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, vanilla and egg in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well-blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Mix just until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with lines of fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.