Sweet Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Debs Recipes
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- In medium mixing bowl beat together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Blend in flour, soda and salt.
- Cover. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Form dough into 24 balls, each about 2-inches in diameter.
- Arrange about 2-inches apart on two cookie sheets.
- Flatten with fork dipped in granulated sugar to form criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in preheated 325°F degrees convection oven on racks 2 and 4, 10-12 minutes (or bake in preheated 350° degrees radiant bake oven 10-12 minutes) or until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
These cookies came out phenomenally!! Well the second batch. Worth noting is that they should be pulled out of the oven while still super gooey. It was about 9 minutes for me. Otherwise, they become crunchy. I mean, if you like crunchy cookies they're fantastic! Unfortunately, my boyfriend likes them strictly chewy. Now I'm left with a batch crunchy cookies and he ran off with ALL the chewy ones. Great recipe!
These are marvelously, insanely AMAZINGLY delicious. I used crunchy pb instead of creamy (which i have used other time, with great results also), used kosher salt instead of regular table salt and halved the butter and used shortening for the other half. These are awesome. These are my go-to pb cookies now. I love them! and my hubbster does too, even though he hates pb. Thanks for the awesome recipe.