Recipe by ChrisF
Found this recipe on the web several years ago and have been making it every St. Patrick's day. It is a good breakfast bread or when you want something not too sweet but satisfing.
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add raisins and stir to coat.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs, sour cream and buttermilk.
- Mix well.
- Mound on cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Mark a cross in the dough.
- Bake at 350 for 60 75 minutes.
- Test for doneness starting at 45 minutes with a cake tester.
- (Can halve recipe and make one smaller loaf).