Recipe by princess buttercup
Not your regular mashed potatoes. These are traditional Irish spuds!
Top Review by Gumboot Gourmet
We really enjoyed these potatoes, served them with ham for Easter. I'm always trying to find recipes that incorporate more veggies & this fit the bill. DH requested that these be made on a regular basis. I was able to cook the potatoes ahead of time & just quickly reheated them in the microwave before adding them to the kale mixture.
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in water until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking; Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper with mixer.
- Stir in kale mixture.