Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Matt Murphy's Pub from Every Day with Rachel Ray, March 2007. Thought this would be nice to add to my repertoire of recipes for St Patrick's Day.
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dried currants or 3⁄4 cup golden raisin, plumped in warm water and drained
- 1⁄2 cup irish cream (Bailey's)
- butter cookie, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups milk to a simmer.
- Add the rice and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared dish, cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir and continue baking until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the remaining 1 cup milk and the currants or golden raisins; let cool.
- Divide the pudding among 6 whiskey glasses and top with Irish cream.
- Serve with the cookies.