1/1 Photo of Irish Bread and Butter Pudding
Sommer Clary's Note:
Bread puddings are a favorite dessert in Ireland, especially among Irish children. This dish is delightfully simple to make yet very delicious and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread bread slices out on a cutting board and leave out for a few hours to stale a bit.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, set aside.
- 3Spread butter evenly over the six slices of bread (one side only—not both!), and cut the slices in to fourths.
- 4Spray a round 8 or 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the cut bread slices around in the pan to make somewhat of a spiral pattern , keeping the buttered side up and the cut edges facing the same direction.
- 5Sprinkle the raisins evenly over the top, followed by the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- 6Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl and pour over the bread. Allow to sit for 15 minutes so that the bread can absorb the liquid.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, sprinkle some powdered sugar for garnish. In Ireland, they like to pour a bit of cream on top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g