Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Irish Banoffee pie is very popular in Ireland,and England. It is an easy dessert brimming with Banana and Caramel. Topped of with a fresh coffee scented whip cream. This is a truly delicious pie.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 1⁄4 tablespoons butter
- 7 bananas, not over ripened, do not want them mushy
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice, to prevent banana's from browning sauce
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra strong coffee
- 1 large chocolate bar (I used Ghiraradelli chocolate toffee bar)
- 1 Heat oven to 400 degree's. make crust. Combine cracker crumbs with sugar. Add melted butter. Combine well,and press in to a 9 inch spring form pan bottom,and going up half way up sides of pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- 2 make caramel- Melt butter in saucepan . Add brown sugar. Cook on high heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.Make sure sugar dissolves.
- 3 Add the condensed milk,and combine well. Bring to a boil. Set timer for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Boil on high heat stirring constantly.Mixture should get thickened.If not thickened. Cook a little longer.
- 4 pour half of the caramel on to bottom of crust you made. Slice 3 banana's and toss with a little lemon juice. Place slices in caramel. Pour the rest of the caramel on top. Now slice 3 more banana's and toss with lemon juice. Place in top of the caramel. Refrigerate until caramel sets.
- 5 make cream topping - Beat the whipping cream with confection sugar and coffee. Beat until soft peaks. Fold in 1 sliced banana. Top pie with cream. Shave chocolate bar on top. Add walnut's on top if desired. Decorate how you wish. Keep refrigerated.