Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy, tried and true recipe. I use a food processor with a shredding blade to get the right texture. You can use a bag of shredded cabbage (found in the refrigerator section of your market) instead of shredding the cabbage yourself. This is best made a few hours before serving or a day in advance.
- Place green cabbage and onions through the processor. Place the cabbage and onion mixture in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar on top. Let stand.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil, sugar, vinegar, salt on medium heat until boiling.
- Pour mixture over cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle celery seed over mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.