Recipe by GalicioBocharit
This is my sister-in-law's recipe and makes a tray-sized cake that can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, cut up into small rectanular pieces, and brought to an event.
Top Review by pammyowl
The directions are confusing for this delicious cake. 325 degrees celsius is somewhere around 617 degrees fahrenheit, so I am assuming it is a typo. Second, 400 g of butter is almost a pound of butter, and 40 g of yeast is 14 tsp. or 4 Tbsp plus 2 tsp. No, matter, I am an experienced baker, so I figured it out using logic. Baked it in a well greased 9x5" pan, (I wasn't sure about the pan size) and actually got four layers. I love anything coffee flavored and had some instant espresso powder so I had fun! I am going to tinker with this recipe a bit, but quite a lovely idea! Thanks for posting:):
- 1064.65 ml flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 400 g margarine
- 40 g yeast
- 118.29 ml water
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml instant coffee granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Knead together the flour, yolks, margarine, yeast, water and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts and roll old into oven-tray-sized rectangles on floured parchment paper.
- Whip up the egg whites until stiff and gradually add the remaining 1.5 cups of sugar until shiny. Keep the mixer running as you add the instant coffee granules.
- Spread half of the coffee cream on the first layer of dough, lay another layer of dough on top of the cream, spread a second layer of cream on top of it, and cover with the last layer of dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 325 degrees Celsius.