Recipe by kittycatmom
I really like the bite of blue cheese. A blue cheese burger is my favorite! This burger is everything I like in the burger without so much of the mess! Enjoy!
Top Review by Cynna
I really like the simplicity of the seasoning in this burger. It really allows the natural flavor of the beef to shine and I love the oozy goozy bleu cheese filling. The cream cheese really helps hold it together until it's cooked all the way. It's so much fun to have the tangy, creamy surprise inside the meat, instead of on top. I made these for my boyfriend to boost his morale after a crazy day at a new job. He is singing your praises, kittycatmom. Bravo!!
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 to 3 ounces)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce, onion slices and condiments, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mash together the blue cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the parsley. Divide the mixture into 4 disks about 1 1/2 inches across. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper and mix well. Form into 4 equally sized patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Form a deep cavity in the center of each beef patty. Place a cheese disk in each cavity and pull the meat together to completely cover the cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook, about 4 minutes on each side for medium. Serve on the buns with the lettuce, onion and condiments.