Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Insanely Easy" is right. I don't even need to look at the recipe anymore -- I just eyeball the amounts, and it comes out fine. This is a great substitute for chicken or tuna salad. It's good in sandwiches or spread on crackers. Adapted from The Teen's Vegetarian Cookbook, by Judy Krizmanic.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or about 2 cups cooked)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise)
- 1 1⁄2 stalks celery, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl, mash chickpeas with a potato masher or fork. Leave some chunks in for texture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well-combined. This keeps in the refrigerator for several days.
This was exellent. Will be making again Thanks
Soo simple and just like eating chicken salad. I had it over lettuce for lunch two days in row :) I went easy on the mayo, using about 1/4 cup just to hold everything together, which worked out great. Made for the I recommend tag game feb. 09.
Yum, great filling for sandwiches. I even made it once and just scooped up into celery sticks instead of eating in a sandwich.