This salad is really delicious & comes from the book: Little Foods of the Mediterranean By Clifford A. Wright. The recipe doesn't state this, but I prefer to let the salad sit for 30 mins so the garlic flavour mellows a little.....
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained (you can use canned)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (recipe specifies white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and parsley.
- Add the remaining ingredients, toss well & serve at room temperature.