Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is great as a nibble or use over a rice or noodle dish. This is only a small amount but I recommend that if you want larger amounts repeat this recipe several times it does not allow itself to triple (the spices get out of whack)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- Using a dry frypan over medium-low heat toast the coconut, garlic and onion flakes, crushing the onion flakes.
- Toast until all are golden.
- Add coriander, cumin,& salt, stir welland remove from heat, cool.
- Stir in the peanuts.
Great simplified version of this fantastic condiment. Other recipes call for shrimp paste, palm sugar, and a few things I don't always have on hand. This was easy and quick and added that extra something to my Indonesian dishes.
Yay! Thank you so much! My husband loves this stuff and it is impossible to find in stores. Great, easy recipe. It is great with just about any rice dish. My kids sprinkle it over chicken or pork satay instead of using peanut sauce. Again, thank you for sharing!