Recipe by Sueie
Nice and spicy, red pepper could be used instead of chilli if you like a mild taste.
Top Review by Charlis Meador
Just came across this recipe, and it was perfect timing, since I had some corn that was a little too mature to eat "on the cob". I used scallions instead of shallots. I didn't think it was too spicy by any means, in fact next time I think I'll add some garlic.
- 1 (440 g) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- fresh cracked pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl mix corn, fish sauce, pepper, chilli and shallots.
- Mix in egg and cornflour.
- Heat oil in pan, drop large spoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook approx 2 minutes or until underside is nice and golden, turn and cook other side.
- Place in warm oven while cooking remainder.
- Serve with chilli sauce or a vietnamese dipping sauce.