Recipe by Geema
I've only made these chicken wings once, many, many years ago, and they've stuck in my memory...spicy and crispy! Now that I've found my recipe again, they will be on my New Years Eve appetizer list.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Excellent recipe for the whole family! The marinade is wonderful, a keeper in itself with just the right heat and amount of garlic and the coating really crisps up in the oven. No frying, I love it! I used 3 lbs of wings, cut up and discarded only the tips and the amounts worked out perfectly for dinner for 4. Thank you for a recipe I'll make again.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the wings apart at the first joint, separating the "drumstick" from the wing tip and second joint. Reserve the tips and second joints for another use.
- Beginning at the narrower end of each drumstick, with a sharp knife, cut the tendons and scrape the meat down the bones as far as possible toward the thicker end to make a plump lollipop, or drumstick shape. The bare bone showing makes a neat handle for easier eating.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, the oil, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Add the chicken wings, tossing them to coat with marinade. Let them sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- In a large zip-lock bag, toss together the bread crumbs and peanuts. Add 4 or 5 wings at a time to the bag, shaking well to cover the wings with the crumb/peanut mixture. Repeat with the rest of the wings.
- Bake the wings on a rack in a shallow roasting pan in a preheated 450 oven, turning them once, for 30 minutes, or until they are browned lightly.