3 hrs 45 mins
I've only made these chicken wings once, many, many years ago, and they've stuck in my memory...spicy and crispy! Now that I've found my recipe again, they will be on my New Years Eve appetizer list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the wings apart at the first joint, separating the "drumstick" from the wing tip and second joint. Reserve the tips and second joints for another use.
- 2Beginning at the narrower end of each drumstick, with a sharp knife, cut the tendons and scrape the meat down the bones as far as possible toward the thicker end to make a plump lollipop, or drumstick shape. The bare bone showing makes a neat handle for easier eating.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, the oil, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salt.
- 4Add the chicken wings, tossing them to coat with marinade. Let them sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- 5In a large zip-lock bag, toss together the bread crumbs and peanuts. Add 4 or 5 wings at a time to the bag, shaking well to cover the wings with the crumb/peanut mixture. Repeat with the rest of the wings.
- 6Bake the wings on a rack in a shallow roasting pan in a preheated 450 oven, turning them once, for 30 minutes, or until they are browned lightly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.2
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 633.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 49.4 g