Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great for parties.
- 16 ounces fancy shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Let cheeses come to room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients except pecans. (A heavy duty mixer makes this really easy.).
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Roll into small individual balls.
- Roll balls in pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- These may be made ahead and frozen.
I made half a recipe and got about 36 individual cheese balls. I made them in advance, froze them and thawed in the refrigerator the day of the party. I liked the flavor of the cheese balls. They should be served with crackers. I thought the taste of the cream cheese was a bit much when eaten by themselves, without a cracker.