Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From one of my favourite chefs James Reeson and his show Alive and Cooking. This looks like a great snack and was recomended for picnics or lunch boxes. Pizza sauce is basically tomato paste infused with garlic and herbs. Times are estimated.
- 250 g pasta (macaroni or twirls or similar)
- 1⁄2 butternut pumpkin (diced into 2cm pieces)
- 200 g cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 50 g kalamata olives (pitted, finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup oregano (fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (pizza paste was recommended)
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (to roast pumpkin)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- cheese (optional, grated extra)
- Precook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente or in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- Pre roast the pumpkin - drizzle over with olive oil and toss in salt and pepper and roast at 200C for 30 minutes and then let cool before proceeding to next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with 12 muffin wraps (large) and divide the pasta mixture between them and sprinkle some extra cheese on top if desired.
- Bake at 220C for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crisp on top.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.