1/4 Photos of Indian Corn Cake
1 hr 15 mins
A great decorated center piece cake for your fall dinner party. The idea came from a 1998 Crafting Traditions magazine. It is made from 1 9" round yellow cake. The recipe calls for a bought cake mix and frosting, but I don't see why you couldn't make it from scratch. The 1/2 cup of water and egg is what my boxed cake required. Just make cake per box instructions. Thanks goes out to LUv2BaKE for editting the photo. Please read through the directions for all the material. Prep time is frosting and decorating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake cake in a 9 inch pan per box instructions.
- 2Let cake cool for 10 minutes and then de-pan the cake onto a cooling rack.
- 3Cool cake completely.
- 4After cake has cooled, place in deep freezer for about 30 minutes. This will help in cutting.
- 5Cut cake into 3 elipses. See photo in photo section.
- 6Place pieces on cardboard and frost.
- 7Arrange Reese's Pieces on cake to simulate kernels.
- 8The stocks are made from a light weight paper brown bag. Cut paper into strips to resemble corn stocks and add to cake.
- 9Tie twin or yarn around corn stocks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Corn Cake
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.5
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 146.7 g
- Protein 21.7 g