Recipe by Sherri at the Beach
My friend Sharon shared this recipe with me. Delicious!
Top Review by Shelvin
This muffin recipe shouldn't be passed over! Very subtle in flavor and the cream cheese on top makes it delicious! I followed exactly but used lowfat cultured buttermilk (that's what I had on hand) and they turned out great as you can see in my pic! Thanks Sherri!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or use butter-flavored spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, add milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla, mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tins.
- Mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar together until smooth. Using the back of a spoon make an indentation in the top of each muffin and add a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the indentation.
- Bake at 375 for 18 to 25 minutes, until edges of muffins begin to turn golden brown. Test with toothpick in side of muffin away from cream cheese filling. Remove and cool.
- If using mini-muffin cups, bake 15-18 minutes.