Recipe by Oolala
That's what it says. Butter, onions, mushrooms, almonds, dry sherry, chicken broth, salt and long grain rice. I am posting it here for future use and for your use! From Poria Favreau in one of my many community cookbooks that I've torn through! May be made in advance and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before reheating.
Top Review by Lighthouse Rita
My husband really liked this rice so I gave it five stars. I enjoyed it and would have given it four stars. I followed the recipe as written, but I didn't have slivered almonds so I sliced almonds that I had on hand. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Place next 6 ingredients (everything except for the broth) in the skillet with the butter and saute until rice is well coated, stirring frequently.
- Place the rice mixture in a 2 quart casserole.
- Add broth.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.