Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A former home ec teacher gave me this recipe about 20 years ago. It rocks! No more needs to be said...
- 4 baking potatoes, baked & scooped out
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- paprika, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the milk in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Spoon back into potato halves, sprinkle with paprika and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Note that the potato should be mashed well before combining with the remaining ingredients -- or, even better, put through a potato ricer. This will ensure there are no unwanted lumps in the potatoes.
We love twice baked potatoes and this was a wonderful recipe. The mushrooms gives a nice flavor along with the rest of the ingredients. I will agree that these potatoes rock!! :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!