Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fancy, easy diner-style recipe. Very easy to make too! 8) you have to try it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the sauce, combine first 4 ingredients in large, heavy skillet with lid.
- Stir to combine mixture well as butter melts and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to simmer before dropping dumplings inches.
- For the Dumplings: combine sugar, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk and vanilla extract just until combined.
- Drop the dumplings by spoonfuls into sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, turning dumplings halfway through cooking time.