Recipe by Mrawrrrr!
Impossible, you say. Low-fat cookies that don't taste like poop? (Low-sugar if you use Splenda, but I'm a naturalist. Still, the sugar is reduced quite a bit!) They're soft and chewy on the inside, but surprisingly crispy on the outside. You'll love the hint of banana flavor. Oh, and the title? At Panera Bread, they have muffies, which apparently is what you get when you cut the top off of the muffin. I think these cookies look and taste more like muffies.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 banana
- 2 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flours and baking soda.
- In a larger, separate bowl, cream the remaining ingredients, leaving the oats for last. Freeze the remaining banana for a smoothie!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Grease two cookie sheets and drop scoops of dough on the sheets; I end up with 18 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.