Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
great crab salad
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, diced
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, diced (tops and bottoms)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, diced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Boil macaroni noodles until tender, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar,dill,garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- Add pasta, imitation crabmeat and vegetables to mixing bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
The dressing is so good. The seasonings are perfect. I decided to omit the tomatoes. We liked this so much. My son chose to have this salad for his lunch. Thanks Tsmith :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
I, for one, did not change a thing. This is an OUTSTANDING recipe, especially when it is just too hot to cook!
This was a nice crab salad. Could do with a bit more dressing and I left out the olives, celery and green peppers.