Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a work in progress. I need to mess around with the spices, but I had all this in the fridge, and I didn't want to go to the store. I'm thinking next time I might use white wine as a stock. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas! The veggies were good together and the orzo added a nice buttery flavor. **The amounts of spices are guessed.
- 236.59 ml orzo pasta (dried)
- 340.19 g package imitation crab sticks, diced
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml minced fresh garlic
- 14.79 ml olive oil, add more if needed
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook Orzo.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, add red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook until garlic is browned. Be careful not to burn garlic. If you do, start over.
- Add broccoli. Add more olive oil if needed. Cook until broccoli starts to turn crip-tender.
- Add bell pepper, and continue to cook.
- Once bell pepper and broccoli are crip-tender, add spices and remaining veggies, and Imitation Crab. (this would be where i would add white wine or chicken stock -- ).
- Once it's heated through and the flavors have blended, add cooked orzo and stir till heated through.
This came out to be quite tasty. I made a single serving for tonights dinner and used 1 tsp of a Greek seasoning. It was almost a breath of spring freshness with all the veggies. Made for PAC, spring 2011