Bacon and Veggie Skillet Scramble
This is something I make my family for breakfast on weekend mornings. I vary it and sometimes use sausage in place of the bacon. Leftover baked potatoes also work great and cut down cooking time.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 6 slices crisp bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- additional sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in vegetables and saute for additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and crispy (this will be less time if you used leftover cooked potatoes).
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs vigorously with the whipping cream, baking powder, salt and pepper until very well combined; let stand.
- Add in cooked bacon.
- Move vegetable and bacon mixture to cover only half of the skillet.
- Whisk eggs again briefly and then add in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour into the empty half of the skillet.
- When the eggs start to set, start to scramble and stir entire mixture together until eggs reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese on top, if using and allow to melt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Not only was this Delicious, but it brought back a childhood memory! My dad use to make something similar that I was unable to re-create! When I tasted this, it reminded me of my Dad ;) 5 stars for the memory alone... as well as the dish. Thanks Lainey!! This was simple to make and scrumptious. Served with flour tortillas for brunch. HUGS ~VReply