This is a cool and refreshing salad that is great for Summertime. It's a versatile recipe with ingredients that can be modified to your personal tastes.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, roughly chopped
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked (or other small shell pasta)
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped (about 1 rib)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt (or more) or 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning, like Tony Chachere's (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced (optional)
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Rinse until cool under cold tap water. Leave to drain well in a colander.
- Chop crab meat in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, chop all desired veggies. Add pasta and all seasonings. Fold in mayo (and sour cream, if using). Adjust mayo and seasonings to personal taste. Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Refrigerate. Stir again before serving, adding more mayo if needed.