Recipe by sanguis
This is by far my favorite "main dish" casserole I made this year using some of my overabundance of squash from my first vegetable garden. It's creamy, delicious and, best of all, easy.
Top Review by 20MinutesOrLessChef
Delicious recipe! Very basic ingredients that have a wonderful flavor when combined. The ability to prep ahead of time, and yummy leftovers have made this a quick favorite in my home.
Also, I enjoy the flexibility. Add a diced jalepeno for kick, or shrimp for additional meat, or any other veggies you can find. This will definitely be a frequent dinner for us!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked pasta (Ruote, Farfalle, Penne, or really any kind of tubular or shaped pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 (17 ounce) jar Classico Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the squashes and dice the mushroom and onion.
- Combine the Alfredo sauce, pasta, crab, onions, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 13x9x2 baking dish and cover with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 35 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown.