This is by far my favorite "main dish" casserole I made this year using some of my overabundance of squash from my first vegetable garden. It's creamy, delicious and, best of all, easy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked pasta (Ruote, Farfalle, Penne, or really any kind of tubular or shaped pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 (17 ounce) jar Classico Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Slice the squashes and dice the mushroom and onion.
- Combine the Alfredo sauce, pasta, crab, onions, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 13x9x2 baking dish and cover with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 35 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown.