Recipe by children from A to Z
I got this recipe years ago from CopyKat Creations website. These are the only pancakes made in my house. They are fabulous. NOTE: I do use the extra buttermilk for a thinner batter. These are light and fluffy.
Top Review by VeggieCook98
Yummy!! They taste nothing like IHOP's pancakes, but I think that they were better! I added a tad more sugar, and they were perfect. I've looked for a fluffy pancake recipe for so long, and I've never found one that doesn't turn out dense. These were fluffy for sure!!! I'll be making these again soon :D Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk (1/8-1/4 c. more if needed to keep batter thinner)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients into a bowl, add buttermilk, oil and egg.
- With a spoon mix all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spray a griddle for frying pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat pan or griddle to medium low heat.
- Fry pancakes until small bubbles show on top before flipping pancakes.
- If batter is too thick add a little more buttermilk.