Enjoy your own IHOP Banana Pancakes at home with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (3 ounce) package banana instant pudding, plus
- 2 cups milk (or as called for by your pudding mix)
- 2 bananas, sliced (slice 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Prepare banana pudding according to package directions.
- 2Place first five ingredients into a bowl; add buttermilk, oil and egg. With a spoon mix all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- 3Heat a frying pan or a griddle to 375 degrees. Spray cooking surface with non-stick spray. Pour 4 ounces of batter for each pancake, cook until hot and bubbly one one side, flip and then cook for about another 30 seconds or so and remove from the cooking surface. Place pancakes on a plate until they are ready to be used.
- 4Turning pancakes is made much easier if you spray your pancake turner with a non-stick spray. The turner does not stick to the uncooked dough of pancake when you are turning them. If batter seems to be too thick, add a little more buttermilk and mix well.
- 5To assemble, lay one pancake on a plate, add about 1/4 cup of banana cream and spread on pancake. Place about 4 or 5 banana slices onto banana pudding. Top banana pudding layer with another pancake. Add 4 or 5 slices of banana to the top of the pancake. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for IHOP Banana Caramel Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 902.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
banana instant pudding