Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Okay, so I threw a small tapas party trying to test some Spanish recipes for ZWT III, and this was the dessert I found. Yummmmmmmy!
- Wash and grate the rind of 1 of the lemons.
- Place the grated lemon grind, water and sugar in a pan and heat slowly for about 10 mins remove from the heat and set a side to cool.
- Squeeze the 6 lemons and sieve the juice into a separate container.
- Sieve the cooled water, sugar and lemon rind and mix with the lemon juice and place in a container for freezing and place in the freezer.
- Remove from the freezer and stir - repeat this process every hour for about 4 hours, until frozen, but not frozen solid.
I grew up with this recipe from a Danish mother, so I guess it must be a Euro thing. I always thought it was my favorite frozen treat in the summer. Thank you so much for the ratio's as I never did get the recipe from Mom.
Sounds great. I'll be trying this in the summer. When I lived in Spain, this was my favorite thing in the world...especially on hot afternoons and you could buy them from the street vendors. Maybe I won't be waiting 'til summer to try this out!
Wow, this is a WONDERFUL recipe! So easy and so refreshing tasting. No problems putting it together, and had lemons on hand. I juiced the lemons in a bowl, and after cooled I just threw the lemon-sugar mix right on top, and just as easily scrapped the ice lemon. Fun for your family~and tasty too~ I served with fresh strawberries just placed on top. Made for *ZWT3 07* ~thanks!