Recipe by Barb Witherspoon
This recipe came from the Knoxville News-Sentinel, from a recipe sharing column. These cookies are similar to the ones sold at Ham 'n Goodys, a favorite local eatery. Ham 'n Goodys' lemon cookies are famous in Knoxville.
Top Review by jk6714jk
Not the same as Ham N Goody's. They were to cake like. Ham N Goody's is a thin, dense cookie with a little saltiness to it. The baking soda and baking powder made them bitter and rise to much.
- 709.77 ml unsifted flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml reconstituted lemon juice
- 295.73 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml reconstituted lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda into large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and lemon juice to sugar mixture.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- On floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut cookies out.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice together.
- Once cookies have cooled, top with glaze.
- Let set before eating.