Prep 2 hrs
Cook 4 mins
To make a great tasting glass of iced coffee you need to take the same care as you would with hot coffee. Don't try to use leftover coffee for iced coffee but brew it as a delicious drink on its own.
- 64 ounces fresh brewed coffee (or however much your coffee pot makes, your favorite, flavored is good too)
- 64 ounces fresh brewed coffee (or however much your coffee pot makes, same kind as you made the first time)
- sugar (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- cream (optional)
- Brew regular strength coffee and freeze it in ice cube trays.
- Fill tall glasses with the coffee cubes and pour regular strength coffee over them.
- Add sugar or cream if desired.
Great refreshing flavorful coffee! Loved the idea of making the coffee ice cubes! I could see adding coffee ice cubes to almond milk too. Made for February's Sun & Spice tag.
Delicious! The thermostat is at 70 and it is only 6:00 a.m. which makes this just the best way to start the day. Love ice coffee and with coffee flavored ice cubes it does not get diluted. Made as written. Thanks so much for the post.
This is also great to use as a "smoothie" base. I am using the word smoothie for lack of a better word/description. The liquid coffee is used as necessary and the coffee cubes are the chiller and the thickener. I typically use vanilla protein powder or chocolate protein powder...coffee and breakfast in one glass and on the go. I like Acadia's idea about the almond milk also. TY Annacia! I am inspired to try it other ways now also.