Cold Brew With Coconut Ice Cubes
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup ground coffee beans
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine coffee grounds and 2 ¼ cups cold water. Stir to combine. Cover and set aside at room temperature for at least 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, make coconut ice cubes. Preheat oven to 350 and spread coconut onto a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to oven and toast until golden, stirring occasionally, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a measuring cup, combine sweetened condensed milk, 2 ½ cups warm water, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide among two 15-cube, 15-ounce capacity silicone ice cube tray. Divide coconut among cubes.
- Transfer to freezer and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Strain the coffee twice through a sieve lined with a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Pour the strained coffee into a large pitcher. Add remaining 2 ¼ cups cold water.
- Divide among glasses and serve with ice cubes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!