Recipe by Margie99
A simple brewed iced coffee that would easily take to additions like chocolate or caramel syrup. This came from the Millstone coffee website.
Top Review by AlainaF
This came out better than I expected, since I presumed that the columbium blend would be stronger and more bitter, but it wasn't! A great basic sweet iced coffee that can be made into numerous combinations, I added pumpkin syrup, chocolate and cinnamon to my glass one day, and a teeny bit of peppermint extract and chocolate syrup to another, and either way it was delicious. I will share my favorite flavor combination: honey syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract plus a smidge of heavy cream on top to give it that extra creaminess---divine!!! Thanks for posting this! Made for My 3 Chefs 2012.
- 1⁄2 cup millstone columbian coffee
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- ice cube
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew coffee using only 1 1/2 cups of the cold water. Combine hot brewed coffee with sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the cold water and half and half.
- Serve coffee over ice and garnish with whipped cream.
- You could easily add some flavoring when the coffee was still warm, reduce the sugar a bit to account for the sweetening in the flavored syrup.