Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple brewed iced coffee that would easily take to additions like chocolate or caramel syrup. This came from the Millstone coffee website.
- 1⁄2 cup millstone columbian coffee
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- ice cube
- whipped cream
- Brew coffee using only 1 1/2 cups of the cold water. Combine hot brewed coffee with sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the cold water and half and half.
- Serve coffee over ice and garnish with whipped cream.
- You could easily add some flavoring when the coffee was still warm, reduce the sugar a bit to account for the sweetening in the flavored syrup.
This came out better than I expected, since I presumed that the columbium blend would be stronger and more bitter, but it wasn't! A great basic sweet iced coffee that can be made into numerous combinations, I added pumpkin syrup, chocolate and cinnamon to my glass one day, and a teeny bit of peppermint extract and chocolate syrup to another, and either way it was delicious. I will share my favorite flavor combination: honey syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract plus a smidge of heavy cream on top to give it that extra creaminess---divine!!! Thanks for posting this! Made for My 3 Chefs 2012.