A lovely moist banana cake. The icing is sweet, but makes for a lovely treat.
Make and share this Iced Banana Slab Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Place the eggs, brown sugar, and banana into a mixing bowl. Using a stick belnder or food processor, blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Toss in the flour and fold gently, just until combined.
- Spray a baking tray with canola oil and line with baking paper. Grease the top of paper with the butter and then pour in the banana mixture.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove cake and allow to completely cool. Spread the icing over the top and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Slice and serve.
- To make icing: Mix all ingredients together until thick and smooth. Note you may not need to use all the maple syrup only enough to get the right spreading consistancy.