Recipe by Lorac
A different, delicious side salad. Perfect for any summer meal. So simple and quick !
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed,drained and chilled
- 2 small seedless mandarin oranges or 2 small tangelos or 2 small tangerines, peeled and separated into segments
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce leaves into a serving bowl.
- Cut orange segments in half lengthwise and arrange over lettuce.
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice, orange peel and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat cream and cream of tartar and it holds soft peaks.
- Fold in orange juice mixture and season with salt.
- Pour over salad and top with nuts.