Recipe by Baroness Bushytail
A very simple homemade ice cream recipe my best friends grandmother shared with me. As I'm a mint fanatic, I spiced it up a bit. It also makes a delicious vanilla ice cream if you omit the mints. I made it with a 1.5 quart electric ice cream maker
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract, may be substituted for the vanilla
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package Andes mints candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the evaporated and condensed milk into your ice cream maker. Add the sugar and let it spin until mostly blended. Pour the whole milk up to the line in the ice cream maker (different machines will require different amounts).
- Break up the candies into little chunks. It doesn't really matter how big or little they are, just make sure that they aren't too big or your ice cream maker may get stuck on some of them. Once the cream starts to thicken go ahead and add the candy.
- If it is still a bit watery, just put it in a covered container and let it freeze for about 20 minutes.